Who We Serve
Payday advance companies service the heart of America’s working and middle class population.
Our customers come from hardworking families who have relationships with mainstream financial institutions. In 2001, an analysis conducted by the Credit Research Center at Georgetown University revealed the following demographic facts about payday advance customers.
Our Demographics—Heart of the Working Middle Class
– Majority earn between $25,000 and $50,000 annually
– 94 percent have a high school diploma or better
– 56 percent have some college or degree
– 68 percent are under 45 years old (only 3. 5 percent are 65 or older)
– Majority of borrowers are married
– 64 percent have children in household
Stable Working Class
– 42 percent own homes
– 57 percent have major credit cards
– 100 percent have steady incomes
– 100 percent have checking accounts